There are no recent bookmarks.

Truro Public Library

Truro Public Library

Public library service was established in Truro at the Annual Town Meeting on April 7, 1894. Three months later, the first public library opened in rented space in Truro Center. Prior to the establishment of public library service, private lending libraries existed in North Truro, Truro Center and South Truro. In 1912, Elisha Cobb gifted the town with the Cobb Memorial Library in memory of his parents. This building in Truro Center has recently been extensively renovated and now houses the Cobb Archive, a collection of maps and documents belonging to the Truro Historical Society. The Pilgrim Memorial Library was built in North Truro in 1922 at the corner of the Shore and Highland Roads with funds raised by the Pilgrim Pageant in 1920. This building, was replaced in 1961 with the building located next to the North Truro Post Office on Shore Road. In 1999, construction of the Truro Public Library on Library Lane off Standish Way was completed and the collections from both the Cobb Memorial Library and the Pilgrim Memorial Library were consolidated in one building. Designed by Stephen Hale Architect & Associates, the building incorporates soaring interior spaces behind a traditional façade reminiscent of the life saving stations of long ago.

LOCATION

Truro Public Library

7 Standish Way, North Truro, MA 02652

ALBUQUERQUE LITTLE THEATRE

  • ico-y-knife.pngCheese Coffee Caf Downtown
  • ico-y-knife.pngLiu Chinese Fast Food
  • ico-y-knife.pngVinaigrette
  • ico-y-knife.pngGarcias Kitchen The Original
  • ico-y-knife.pngRoute 66 Malt Shop
  • ico-y-knife.pngBottger Mansion of Old Town
  • ico-y-wscreen.pngBottger Mansion of Old Town
  • ico-y-wscreen.pngLiu Chinese Fast Food
  • ico-y-wscreen.pngBottger Mansion of Old Town
  • ico-y-wscreen.pngLiu Chinese
  • ico-y-wscreen.pngVinaigrette

Presented by Truro Public Library at Truro Public Library

Jun 1 - Jun 29, 2022

Contact information

    Email
/
    Website
/