Painting with Pure Pigment – Pastels 101
Instructor: Eileen Casey
Day: Thursdays – Begins November 1
Cost: $96 Members | $126 Non-Members
Find your own artistic voice and become a pastel painter!
Learn pastel basics about available materials, including various hard and soft pastels, sanded and prepared surfaces, as well as pastel painting techniques. There will be a focus on drawing, design and composition, using value studies and quick color exercises. Enjoy the process of working with pastels with one-on-one support.
Pastel Supplies List
- Faber-Castell Goldfaber Studio Soft Pastels 48 or 72 set. Available at Michael’s or online at: www.dickblick.com• www.dakotapastels.com • www.jerrysartarama.com • www.cheapjoes.com
- Sketchbook or small sheet of Canson or charcoal paper for sketching and exercises.
- Soft watercolor style brush for underpainting, cell phone/camera or photo references
- Soft vine Charcoal and stick of compressed black charcoal, Black Sharpie
- Kneaded Eraser, Rubbing Alcohol, Paper Towels/rags
- (Pastel paper not necessary for first week as we will discuss sanded papers, like UArt, Colorfix, Pastel Premier, PastelMat, as well as methods to make your own surfaces Other pastels and their properties will be discussed. www.terryludwig.com www.greatpastels.com.)
- Feel free to bring any other pastel supplies, but do not feel like you have to buy them until you are familiar with the different types of surfaces and pastels available!