IMPORTANT! Due to the response to Coronavirus (COVID-19) events on this site may be postponed or canceled. Please CLICK HERE for the latest information about cancellations.
The Orpheum Theater opened in 1916 as Chatham’s first and only movie house. Our Main Street movie theater was a magical place for 72 years — a year-round destination where generations of Chatham families and summer visitors could enjoy gripping dramas, slapstick comedies, joyous musicals or swashbuckling adventure films week after week. In 1938, the building was purchased by Interstate Theaters Corporation and was known as the Chatham Theater until 1987, when it ceased operations.