RACE by David Mamet
WHAT opens the season with David Mamet’s RACE, a profound (and profane) exploration of the intersection of racial and gender politics featuring Mamet’s signature razor-sharp dialogue.
As two lawyers struggle to defend a wealthy white executive charged with raping a black woman they quickly discover that present-day racial and gender politics are as complex as the case in front of them. When a new legal assistant gets involved in the case the opinions that boil beneath explode to the surface.
Directed by Jackie Davis
INDIVIDUAL DATES & TIMES*
- Jun 5, 2019 at 07:30 pm (Wed)
- Jun 6, 2019 at 07:30 pm (Thu)
- Jun 7, 2019 at 08:00 pm (Fri)
- Jun 8, 2019 at 08:00 pm (Sat)
- Jun 10, 2019 at 08:00 pm (Mon)
- Jun 11, 2019 at 08:00 pm (Tue)
- Jun 12, 2019 at 08:00 pm (Wed)
- Jun 13, 2019 at 08:00 pm (Thu)
- Jun 14, 2019 at 08:00 pm (Fri)
- Jun 15, 2019 at 08:00 pm (Sat)
Additional time info:
Previews: June 5 & 6 @7:30pm ($25 tickets, open to the public)
Opening Night: Friday, June 7.
Playmaker Talkbacks after selected performances. Please see website for dates.
2357 Old Route 6 Rd, Wellfleet, MA 02667